Pronunciation of Superstition
/s_ˌuː_p_ə_s_t_ˈɪ_ʃ_ə_n/, /sˌuːpəstˈɪʃən/, /sˌuːpəstˈɪʃən/
Antonyms for superstition:
Usage examples for superstition:
- It was rank superstition! - "Warlock o' Glenwarlock", George MacDonald.
- It may be hypocrisy, it may be superstition, it may be self- deception: Christianity it is not, and never can be. - "Modern Substitutes for Christianity", Pearson McAdam Muir.
- The opponents of the latest superstition were too intelligent to accept a dying deity.... - "The Eliminator; or, Skeleton Keys to Sacerdotal Secrets", Richard B. Westbrook.
Rhymes for superstition:
- fission, mission, titian;
- cognition, mortician, volition, addition, permission, remission, magician, logician, tactician, edition, ignition, optician, munition, position, contrition, condition, rendition, patrician, audition, attrition, physician, partition, transition, transmission, fruition, tradition, submission, omission, suspicion, admission, emission, clinician, sedition, petition, recission, musician, tuition, nutrition, technician, dentition, ambition, commission;
- competition, obstetrician, coalition, imposition, recondition, malnutrition, premonition, disposition, deposition, dietitian, intermission, expedition, extradition, acquisition, decommission, ammunition, opposition, abolition, erudition, inquisition, intuition, apparition, supposition, definition, composition, exposition, statistician, rhetorician, precondition, requisition, demolition, reposition, prohibition, repetition, electrician, preignition, politician, retransmission, exhibition, recognition, inhibition, admonition, proposition;
- geriatrician, pediatrician, decomposition, reimposition, juxtaposition, mathematician, redeposition, predisposition, academician, presupposition, redefinition, theoretician;