Pronunciation of Sway
/swˈe͡ɪ/, /swˈeɪ/, /s_w_ˈeɪ/
Antonyms for sway:
dissuade, inefficiency, weakness, discourage, fail, neglect, stabilize, miss, let go, lose, abandon, leave, misunderstand, mislead, mismanage, obey, comply, helplessness, remain, steady, impotency, stay, leave alone, submit, impotence, misguide, serve, powerlessness, straighten, surrender, deter, inability, yield, hold, fix.
Usage examples for sway:
- Thus Babylon also fell under the sway of the Persian. - "The World's Greatest Books, Vol XI.", Edited by Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton.
- But the sway of reason and the force of action are always immensely assisted by a vigorous general tone of the personal life. - "Mastery of Self", Frank Channing Haddock.
- And the kind of sway it gives you. - "Marriage", H. G. Wells.
Rhymes for sway:
- flay, rey, fray, j, brey, de, say, way, faye, may, stay, pray, mae, whey, tae, khe, daye, dray, sleigh, day, hwe, paye, rae, neigh, re, wy, bray, vey, graye, kaye, hey, kay, prey, gray, hay, pei, lay, wray, spray, grey, fay, ne, pay, jae, mey, raye, yay, ray, gway, tay, weigh, slay, they, shea, cay, se, ley, trey, dae, jaye, ca, che, maye, cray, blay, wei, lei, bey, shay, sze, saye, brae, frey, fe, ney, lait, ay, stray, mei, wey, nej, jay, ae, nay, clay, klay, play, k, dey, gaye, bay, yea, sta, quai, waye, tray, drey, quay, fey, haye;
- ole, beauvais, chalet, obey, display, essay, abbe, decay, defray, orsay, rene, cafe, prepay, jose, mccrea, hervey, repay, away, croquet, convey, dossier, macrae, calais, today, halfway, mcveigh, b-j, cliche, puree, astray, sorbet, carre, buffet, saute, bombay, nikkei, risque, ek, filet, array, o'shea, passe, allay, beret, sergei, ga, toupee, valet, cathay, replay, parquet, soiree, cache, moray, ha, da, renee, mckay, olay, survey, delay, betray, manet, souffle, dk, crochet, fillet, oj, hooray, hurray, asay, dismay, belay, delray, levey, gervais, purvey, ballet, monet, millay, bouquet, mackay, nisei, portray, okay;
- dak, fiance, overstay, piaget, underway, monterrey, faberge, cabernet, lyonnais, disobey, overplay, ita, attache, chevrolet, aaa, intraday, perrier, bouvier, underplay, uva, jna, monterey, bta, bua, ekk, cabaret, ira, disarray, cea;
- communique, cabriolet, naivete, foia, noaa, hiaa, ceta, asea;