Pronunciation of Thud
/θˈʌd/, /θˈʌd/, /θ_ˈʌ_d/
Synonyms for thud:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Usage examples for thud:
- The man hit with his stick and it came down thud along side of me, just touching my fur. - "The Mahatma and the Hare", H. Rider Haggard.
- He fired, laughed, dropped his musket to re- load, and while smiling with satisfaction, heard the " thud" of a bullet and felt an agonizing pain in his arm. - "Detailed Minutiae of Soldier life in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1861-1865", Carlton McCarthy.
- It was as if something had fallen to the floor with a thud. - "The Bobbsey Twins in the Great West", Laura Lee Hope.
- They had gone but a short distance when they heard the sound of voices and the thud of horses' feet behind them. - "The Mad King", Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- " Spoon, my love, see how high I can spring," said the Dish, coming down on the table with such a thud that he nearly cracked from top to bottom. - "More Tales in the Land of Nursery Rhyme", Ada M. Marzials.