Pronunciation of Twine
/twˈa͡ɪn/, /twˈaɪn/, /t_w_ˈaɪ_n/
Antonyms for twine:
Usage examples for twine:
- Item, three pieces of twine. - "Robin Hood", J. Walker McSpadden.
- After his first visit Kinch entered the house in the most stealthy manner, for fear of being encountered by Caddy; who, having met him in the hall during the morning, posted him off for twenty pounds of sugar, a ball of twine, and a stone jar, despite his declaration of pre- engagements, haste, and limited knowledge of the articles in question. - "The Garies and Their Friends", Frank J. Webb.
- On his way home he purchased a heavy sack, and when he passed the wizard's door and the pink glass dog ran out to bark at him he threw the sack over the dog, tied the opening with a piece of twine, and carried him away to his own room. - "American Fairy Tales", L. Frank Baum.
Rhymes for twine:
- klein, rhine, mine, dyne, trine, sign, swine, brine, spline, rhein, stine, shine, kline, thine, cline, sine, spine, fine, wine, hine, hein, stein, shrine, strine, nine, dine, fein, tine, jain, lyne, gyn, rine, tyne, line, quine, pyne, pine, thein, whine, zine, huynh, heine, vine, ein;
- malign, decline, incline, define, assign, devine, consign, refine, design, entwine, opine, divine, enshrine, resign, repine, aline, align, supine, benign, confine, combine;
- intertwine, recombine, reassign, redefine, realign, redesign, leontine, disincline;