Pronunciation of Ugliest
/ˈʌɡliəst/, /ˈʌɡliəst/, /ˈʌ_ɡ_l_i__ə_s_t/
Usage examples for ugliest:
- Mrs. Pardiggle seems to me to be not part of the cure of the disease, but rather one of the ugliest of its symptoms. - "At Large", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- North and west of Molesey runs the ugliest road in Surrey. - "Highways and Byways in Surrey", Eric Parker.
- There is one musical word with, I think, perhaps the ugliest meaning in the language. - "A Little Book for Christmas", Cyrus Townsend Brady.
- There they was, a lovely set of 'em, in the mouth of the ugliest specimen of a bow- legged bulldog that ever tried to hang itself at the end of a chain. - "Cape Cod Stories The Old Home House", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- Even at that distance suspicious logs could be seen lying half in, half out of the water; but a space ten yards wide, including some of the biggest and ugliest of the trees, seemed bare of those logs. - "Gold Out of Celebes", Aylward Edward Dingle.