Pronunciation of Update
/ˈʌpde͡ɪt/, /ˈʌpdeɪt/, /ˈʌ_p_d_eɪ_t/
Antonyms for update:
delude, hurt, damage, wear, worsen, lie, harm, ruin, learn, hide, decrease, date, obscure, destroy, betray, decline, antique, conceal, fool, outmode, regress, keep mum, mislead, keep quiet, weaken, pretend, puzzle, be vague, confound, secret, keep secret, confuse, injure, diminish, make old, deceive, trick, bewilder.
Synonyms for update:
acquaint, admonish, advocate, apprise, caution, charge, clue in, commend, counsel, direct, dissuade, encourage, enjoin, exhort, guide, inform, instruct, kibitz, move, notify, opine, point out, preach, prepare, prescribe, prompt, put on the line, recommend, report, show, steer, suggest, tell, tout, update, urge, warn, Forewarn, fill in, tip off, make known, let in on, level with, put on to, give a pointer, give a tip, give the word, keep posted, lay it out, put bug in ear, put in two cents, put next to, clue*, post*.
brief, catechize, civilize, convert, disclose, divulge, educate, elucidate, illume, illuminate, illumine, imitate, improve, inculcate, indoctrinate, inspirit, open up, persuade, reveal, save, school, teach, train, uplift, give faith, cause to understand.
advance, ameliorate, augment, better, boost, come around, convalesce, correct, cultivate, develop, doctor up, edit, elevate, emend, enhance, gain ground, help, increase, lift, look up, meliorate, mend, perk up, polish, progress, promote, purify, raise, rally, recover, rectify, recuperate, refine, reform, revamp, rise, sharpen, skyrocket, straighten out, touch up, upgrade, take off, shape up, set right, make strides, turn the corner, pick up*.
Idioms for update:
- update sm about sm or sth;
Rhymes for update:
- bate, state, taitt, mate, ate, weight, pait, plait, rate, gait, hait, waite, date, spate, great, freight, tait, nate, straight, tate, late, wayt, prate, plate, wait, strait, aydt, kate, trait, speight, streight, cate, sate, fete, gate, slate, grate, crate, skate, pate, rait, chait, hate, eight, fait, bait, fate;
- dilate, collate, innate, dictate, negate, await, irate, belate, gestate, relate, sedate, estate, kuwait, deflate, predate, debate, elate, oblate, ornate, conflate, abate, inflate, berate, lightweight, est, restate, translate, equate, create, reflate, prorate, tri-state, misstate, upstate, postdate;
- intrastate, conjugate, procreate, reinstate, desecrate, overrate, solid-state, underrate, silverplate, interstate, overweight;
- remunerate, recriminate, demodulate, interrelate;