Pronunciation of Vacated
/vˈe͡ɪke͡ɪtɪd/, /vˈeɪkeɪtɪd/, /v_ˈeɪ_k_eɪ_t_ɪ_d/
Synonyms for Vacated:
Other synonyms and related words:
abandon, abdicate, airy, allow, annul, arise, available, barren, cancel, cancelled, cleared, defeated, depart, depopulated, deprived, desert, desolate, desolated, discharged, dissolved, elevated, empty, evacuate, forfeit, forfeited, forgo, forsake, freed, friendless, hooked, idle, invalidated, inverted, isolated, leave, lifted, lonely, lorn, neglected, nullify, open, overturned, pinched, plagiarised, plagiarized, purloined, raised, reconciled, relinquish, removed, renounce, repudiated, rescind, resign, retreated, reversed, revoke, solitary, stopped, stranded, trackless, turned, unfrequented, uninhabited, unoccupied, unpeopled, unpopulated, untenanted, vacant, vacate, vacuous, vain, waste, withdraw, Abolished, Abrogated, Allowed, Annulled, Avoided, Cabbaged, Canceled, Ceded, Delivered, Ejected, Eliminated, Filched, Hoisted, Overruled, Pilfered, Quashed, Reared, Repealed, Rescinded, Revoked, Rustled, Tenantless, Tolled, Countermanded, Spared, Submitted, Subverted, Swiped, recalled, reneged, unvisited, airlifted, revolutionized, revolutionised, God-forsaken.
empty, unfilled, unfurnished, unloaded, wanting, de sert, de solate, de spoiled, de void, de-sert, de-solate, de-spoiled, de-void, more despoiled, more evacuated, more unfurnished, most despoiled, most evacuated, most unfurnished, un filled, un furnished, un inhabited, un-filled, un-furnished, un-inhabited, wastest.
gone to a different residence (adjective)
unfastened, unclosed (adjective)
Usage examples for Vacated:
- Herbert readily took the seat just vacated by Eben, and rapidly wrote the words dictated to him. - "Do and Dare A Brave Boy's Fight for Fortune", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- There were two possible sources of information, the flat, where she might have left an address when she vacated it, and the bank where Peters had told him she called for letters. - "The Shadow of the East", E. M. Hull.
- Steve swung up into the saddle just now vacated by Temple. - "Man to Man", Jackson Gregory.
- On one side of the city is the old fort built by the British more than fifty years ago, and soon after vacated by them, but it is erected of course on a kopje, on one slope of which, part of the city now stands. - "With the Guards' Brigade from Bloemfontein to Koomati Poort and Back", Edward P. Lowry.
- And the old woman pointed to the chair which the man had vacated. - "Frank on a Gun-Boat", Harry Castlemon.
Quotes for Vacated:
Rhymes for Vacated:
- related, unstated, misstated, weighted, prorated, plated, negated, updated, undated, slated, restated, equated, underrated, rated, unabated, translated, unrelated, sedated, inflated, predated, waited, sated, skated, stated, elated, unrated;
- fated, grated, baited, hated, bated, gated, mated, dated, feted, gaited;
- berated, dilated, debated, awaited, abated, created, belated, deflated;
- desecrated, reinstated, annotated, overrated, conjugated;