Pronunciation of Wade
/w_ˈeɪ_d/, /wˈe͡ɪd/, /wˈeɪd/
Usage examples for wade:
- " I'll run you down to the office in the car for that," laughed Wade, also rising. - "Every Man for Himself", Hopkins Moorhouse.
- You wade out into the sea and try to find it. - "Letters of a Javanese Princess", Raden Adjeng Kartini Commentator: Louis Couperus.
- He dwelt in a gloomy cavern on the top of the mountain, and used to wade over to the mainland in search of prey; when he would throw half a dozen oxen upon his back, and tie three times as many sheep and hogs round his waist, and march back to his own abode. - "The Blue Fairy Book", Various.
Quotes for wade:
Rhymes for wade:
- made, unpaid, prepaid, invade, charade, zaid, lade, waide, eyde, dade, conveyed, spayed, rayed, parade, crocheted, upbraid, they'd, decayed, cliched, promenade, remade, outweighed, mislaid, jade, brocade, forbade, palisade, preyed, upgrade, okayed, staid, waid, schade, handmade, buffeted, fade, frayed, surveyed, underpaid, dissuade, delayed, prayed, homemade, cade, stade, degrade, strayed, flayed, bade, sprayed, tirade, repaid, aide, dismayed, payed, gade, spade, crusade, pervade, suede, persuade, grenade, sauteed, usaid, weighed, maid, displayed, kade, blade, unmade, replayed, decade, underplayed, fayed, unswayed, aid, trade, brigade, raid, overstayed, manmade, glade, kincaid, brayed, granade, stayed, slade, laid, cascade, portrayed, grade, haid, ade, paid, shade, bayed, filleted, spaid, quade, unafraid, obeyed, grayed, played, evade, home-made, serenade, swayed, hade, braid;
- arcade, betrayed, arrayed, abrade, allayed, afraid, blockade;
- colonnade, lemonade, disobeyed, overplayed, masquerade, overpaid;