Pronunciation of Wane
/w_ˈeɪ_n/, /wˈe͡ɪn/, /wˈeɪn/
Antonyms for wane:
rise, distend, lengthen, enlarge, wax, grow, win, build, expand, blow up, go up, emerge, full, develop, elongate, strengthen, show up, increase, extend, raise, climb, swell, reach, soar, enhance, brighten, appear, ascend.
Usage examples for wane:
- After receiving their final instructions, Kosmaroff and Martin had to wait two days until the weather changed- until the moon, now well on the wane, did not rise before midnight. - "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- When one of his friends suggested that the trouble might be wax in his ears, he shook his head sadly and said: " Oh no: not wax, but wane." - "Cambridge Sketches", Frank Preston Stearns.
- Nor did they deem that they could sever, That clouds could rise, or morning wane; They loved, and thought that love for ever Would bind them in its gentle chain. - "Poems", Sam G. Goodrich.
Rhymes for wane:
- detain, dain, sain, deign, bain, kane, aine, duane, fraine, tremaine, charmaine, reine, vain, lain, duan, ayn, sane, contain, champaign, moraine, mccain, duwayne, thaine, devane, demain, loraine, ordain, charlayne, profane, romain, hussain, terrain, jane, maintain, kain, main, lorraine, elaine, lane, frane, urbane, crane, kayne, butane, regain, obtain, iain, germain, bahrain, inane, fain, hain, frayn, swain, fontaine, rogaine, cheyne, caine, strain, biscayne, sylvain, gain, pain, swaine, spain, vein, pertain, grain, pane, swayne, plane, raine, delaine, charmain, complain, humane, blain, romaine, trane, twain, champlain, bane, rain, draine, brain, cocaine, slain, jermaine, kaine, duquesne, attain, mclean, urbain, campaign, thane, arraign, elane, explain, constrain, dwayne, layne, cane, laraine, champagne, crayne, wain, refrain, ingrain, hane, maine, dewayne, frayne, jayne, shaine, disdain, freyne, cain, mcclain, lorain, shane, slane, retrain, germane, sustain, heyne, train, dane, ln, craine, insane, mayne, rayne, domain, restrain, shayne, maclean, thayne, chain, elayne, vane, crain, paine, retain, stain, preordain, spokane, payne, plain, fein, dayne, laine, blane, blayne, hussein, jain, feign, reign, mundane, wayne, arcane, rein, germaine, sprain, mane, kahane, blaine, bayne, remain, ukraine, drain, fane, zane;
- again, alain, alayne, abstain, alaine, allain, amain, alane;
- ascertain, entertain, inhumane, aquitaine;