Pronunciation of Weight
/w_ˈeɪ_t/, /wˈe͡ɪt/, /wˈeɪt/
Antonyms for weight:
slenderness, paltriness, anonymity, minimization, component, Leavings, relieve, disrepute, divest, extension, part, constituent, impotence, fine point, ignominy, division, puniness, valuelessness, helplessness, dishonor, disencumber, worthlessness, disgrace, angle, piece, ingredient, element, trimness, shame, obscurity, fine points, section, impotency, offshoot, disregard, quality, infamy, weediness, accessory, trivia, powerlessness, thinness, weakness, odium, skinniness, aspect, odds and ends, feature, remains, appendage, side, segment, reediness, fitness, discredit, indifference, gauntness, adjunct, scrawniness, facet, opprobrium, slimness, leanness.
Usage examples for weight:
- " Now keep your weight on the left foot and come down easy. - "The Wrong Twin", Harry Leon Wilson.
- What if the Bishop would throw the weight of his great influence on the side of the Raymond movement? - "In His Steps", Charles M. Sheldon.
- Till the weight was from his soul, he was as an outlaw in his native land. - "Harold, Complete The Last Of The Saxon Kings", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
Idioms for weight:
Quotes for weight:
Rhymes for weight:
- bait, fate, hate, crate, gait, plait, tate, waite, rate, skate, gate, rait, strait, slate, prate, speight, wayt, great, aydt, state, date, straight, nate, sate, spate, bate, tait, streight, hait, ate, chait, cate, fete, taitt, freight, kate, fait, plate, eight, pait, wait, pate, late, trait, mate, grate;
- misstate, irate, equate, gestate, estate, lightweight, reflate, dilate, kuwait, predate, translate, collate, innate, ornate, conflate, postdate, deflate, abate, oblate, restate, debate, prorate, create, dictate, berate, negate, tri-state, est, relate, upstate, inflate, update, belate, sedate, elate, await;
- desecrate, silverplate, intrastate, solid-state, procreate, overweight, underrate, conjugate, overrate, interstate, reinstate;
- recriminate, demodulate, interrelate, remunerate;