Pronunciation of Year
/jˈi͡ə/, /jˈiə/, /j_ˈiə/
Synonyms for year:
point of time (noun)
Sense 1 (noun)
academic, academic year, annual, astronomical, biannual, calendar, cycle, election, equinoctial, fiscal, leap, legal, lunar, natural, school, sidereal, solar, tropical, B, C, BCE, BC, continuum of days, 00s.
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
breadth, compass, continuance, diameter, dimension, elongation, endlessness, expanse, expansion, height, interval, lastingness, lengthiness, limit, linearity, loftiness, longitude, longness, magnitude, measure, mileage, orbit, panorama, piece, portion, purview, quantity, radius, range, reach, realm, remoteness, season, section, segment, space, spaciousness, stretch, stride, tallness, unit, width, Extensiveness, protractedness, ranginess.
old age (noun)
point of time (noun)
allotment, bit, bout, chronology, clock, date, eternity, extent, future, go, infinity, instance, instant, life, lifetime, month, occasion, pace, past, point, present, second, shift, stint, tempo, tide, tour, turn, week, life span, many a moon.
class, twelvemonth, yr.
Usage examples for year:
- She's only a child now, but another year or two will bring something else to her." - "The Maids of Paradise", Robert W. (Robert William) Chambers.
- For the first year or two, only for a week at a time. - "Four Phases of Love", Paul Heyse.
- I open the year. - "The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians", E. A. Wallis Budge.
- No. I got a call from the Lord a year after we was married, and gave up wrestlin'. - "Wandering Heath", Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
Idioms for year:
Quotes for year:
Rhymes for year:
- sheer, stear, lear, cheer, fear, gier, sear, frere, teer, fleer, ear, smear, pier, mear, hear, neer, kier, jeer, steer, sneer, fear, leer, near, greer, speer, sere, dear, peer, near, rear, shear, speir, gear, wier, kear, deer, rear, meir, shear, wier, here, we're, jeer, meir, deere, bere, blear, stear, cyr, clear, gear, cleere, leer, sear, fleer, mere, sere, ear, cyr, here, geer, dear, hear, gier, vere, kear, mir, speir, lear, sphere, cleere, pier, beer, gere, mir, peer, we're, clear, steer, spear, spear, cheer, fier, nir, sneer, veer, geer, beer, mear, sphere, nir, shere, deere, greer, mere, bere, tear, shere, fier, speer, kier, veer, teer, frere, tear, gere, deer, neer, sheer, blear, vere, smear;
- sameer, vizier, wazir, unclear, zahir, sincere, yasir, zaire, vizier, austere, rainier, rehear, career, rainier, adhere, austere, premiere, dornier, samir, premiere, lanier, cashier, wazir, lazear, inhere, frontier, premier, amir, sincere, shamir, revere, emir, yasir, appear, veneer, lanier, career, rehear, unclear, dornier, amir, emir, severe, adhere, zaire, zahir, shamir, frontier, inhere, appear, samir, cashier, revere, premier, severe, lazear, sameer, veneer;
- interfere, mutineer, charpentier, financier, disappear, engineer, overhear, disappear, bombardier, insincere, brigadier, pioneer, reappear, cavalier, domineer, profiteer, gondolier, volunteer, souvenir, chandelier, pioneer, interfere, volunteer, profiteer, pamphleteer, persevere, pamphleteer, domineer, bandolier, chevalier, financier, rensselaer, cavalier, souvenir, commandeer, commandeer, reappear, brigadier, bombardier, racketeer, engineer, belvedere, bandolier, racketeer, auctioneer, rensselaer, auctioneer, mutineer, charpentier, insincere, belvedere, persevere, chandelier, gondolier, chevalier, overhear;
- conventioneer, reengineer, conventioneer, electioneer, reengineer, electioneer;