Pronunciation of Fabulist
/fˈabjʊlˌɪst/, /fˈabjʊlˌɪst/, /f_ˈa_b_j_ʊ_l_ˌɪ_s_t/
Antonyms for fabulist:
Synonyms for fabulist:
Other synonyms and related words:
accountant, biographer, bluster, boaster, bouncer, braggart, bully, cashier, deceiver, equivocator, fabricator, false witness, falsifier, fibber, guard, historian, liar, narrator, novelist, perjurer, prevaricator, raconteur, rebound, reciter, recorder, spring, springer, storyteller, taleteller, teller, true, Dap, Distorter, Fabler, Fibster, Relator, Romancer, Pseudologist, Storier, Story-teller, Satan, spinner of yarns, mythmaker.
equivocator, fabricator, false witness, falsifier, fibber, maligner, misleader, perjurer, prevaricator, promoter, storyteller, trickster, Deluder, Dissimulator, Distorter, Fabler, phonies, deluders, misleaders, fablers.
Usage examples for fabulist:
- And how many men are women, too, on this point, as said the fabulist. - "Cosmopolis, Complete", Paul Bourget Last Updated: March 3, 2009.
- Historians usually dwell on the virtues of the people, the heroism of their deeds, the wisdom of their words, but the sacred fabulist dwells on the most questionable behavior of the Jewish race, and much in character and language that we can neither print nor answer. - "The Woman's Bible Part I. Comments on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Part II. Comments on the Old and New Testaments from Joshua to Revelation.", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- Though He had made all the tribes, we hope, to the best of His ability; yet He hated all, the sacred fabulist tells us, but the tribe of Israel, and even they were objects of His vengeance half the time. - "The Woman's Bible Part I. Comments on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Part II. Comments on the Old and New Testaments from Joshua to Revelation.", Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
- And here is another rabbinical fable of a Fox- a very common character in the apologues of most countries; although the " moral" appended to this one by the pious fabulist is much more striking than is sometimes the case of those deduced from beast- fables: The Fox in the Garden. - "Flowers from a Persian Garden and Other Papers", W. A. Clouston.
- Querulously he complained that people would not take him seriously, that they treated him as a fabulist. - "Lafcadio Hearn", Nina H. Kennard.
Idioms for fabulist: