Pronunciation of Shanghai
/ʃaŋhˈa͡ɪ/, /ʃaŋhˈaɪ/, /ʃ_a_ŋ_h_ˈaɪ/
Synonyms for shanghai:
abstract, blackmail, burglarize, cop, defraud, embezzle, extort, filch, fleece, grab, haul, heist, hijack, holdup, lift, loot, mug, nip, palm, pilfer, pirate, plagiarize, plunder, poach, pocket, rob, rustle, shoplift, steal, stickup, swindle, swipe.
Usage examples for shanghai:
- You see, in Geordie- land, in the ports of Tyne and Wear, where George the Fourth was bred, there are many engineers who have been out in steamers working up and down the China coast, who have had nice little homes in Hankow, Hong- Kong, or Shanghai, with Japanese wives all complete. - "An Ocean Tramp", William McFee.
- Stavely cast about him, and his eye fell upon Major Gordon, who was then engaged upon a survey of the defenses of Shanghai. - "Boys' Book of Famous Soldiers", J. Walker McSpadden.
- This Ward realised as soon as the skirmishing advance had been made, and he returned to Shanghai for reinforcements. - "The Romance of Old New England Rooftrees", Mary Caroline Crawford.
- The Asia Banking Corporation has its main office in New York and is establishing branches in these important trade centers: Shanghai, Pekin, Tientsin, Hankow, Harbin, Vladivostok. - "The American Empire", Scott Nearing.
- " This is going to turn out like the Shanghai expedition," remarked Costecalde, smiling. - "Tartarin of Tarascon", Alphonse Daudet.
Rhymes for shanghai:
- chae, thai, mei, thy, pae, lie, wy, tsai, bly, psi, phi, die, ply, nye, eye, phy, kai, dye, pye, cy, lye, fry, chi, ty, thigh, pry, yie, bi, guy, jai, spry, aye, vy, sly, lxi, keye, tye, tai, vi, rye, cry, dai, vie, dry, bligh, gyi, sri, kwai, sigh, frye, fae, pty, my, by, sai, bye, fi, sci, why, chai, sky, buy, tae, hy, fly, cai, shai, pie, wye, tie, brye, ly, mai, kyi, spy, lai, sy, sty, flye, high, try, wry, nie, ai, ay, wai, bae, pri, hi, gae, pi, fye, shy, nigh, ngai;
- bye-bye, awry, retry, mcfly, nearby, standby, supply, defy, imply, deny, descry, hereby, belie, imai, uy, ally, goodbye, bonsai, july, hi-fi, untie, good-bye, whereby, apply, iwai, reply, dubai, kanai, thereby, rely, versailles, comply, mihai, brunei, decry, alai;
- dui, overfly, resupply, underlie, misapply;
- cspi, oversupply, isty;