Pronunciation of Devotee
/d_ˌɛ_v_əʊ_t_ˈiː/, /dˌɛvə͡ʊtˈiː/, /dˌɛvəʊtˈiː/
Antonyms for devotee:
materialist, Profaner, materialists, scoffer, Heathens, dis-believer, detractor, dis believers, misbeliever, mis believer, in-fidel, un-believers, scoffers, mis believers, dis believer, opponent, mis-believer, in fidel, rationalist, disbeliever, critic, dis-believers, profaners, misbelievers, skeptic, mis-believers, doubter, disbelievers, un believers, carper, antagonist, in fidels, rationalists, enemy, adversary, un believer.
Usage examples for devotee:
- Sri Yukteswar was boundless in his kindness when confronted by the urgent prayer of a devotee. - "Autobiography of a YOGI", Paramhansa Yogananda.
- There are here many thousands of volumes, the majority of considerable age; there are also large collections of pamphlets, manuscripts, and broadsheets- my immediate predecessor, my uncle, John Christopher Raven, was a great collector; but, from what I have seen of his collection up to now, I cannot say that he was a great exponent of the art of order, or a devotee of system, for an entire wing on this house is neither more nor less than a museum, into which books, papers, antiques, and similar things appear to have been dumped without regard to classification or arrangement. - "Ravensdene Court", J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher.
- Having walked at an unusually rapid pace, he distinguished at a distance the fire kindled by the devotee, and he hurried towards it with an effort which left him no breath wherewith to speak, even had he been so inclined. - "Vikram-and-the-Vampire-Classic-Hindu-Tales-of-Adventure-Magic-and-Romance", Burton, Isabel, Lady.
Rhymes for devotee:
- kea, prix, undersea, cac, ve, m3, three, jie, zea, pea, escapee, sheree, spree, glee, guarantee, quay, nee, nic, se, bree, lee, franchisee, de, emcee, ski, valoree, nestle, dsv, hee, li, c, debris, trustee, rea, me, rosalee, thee, licensee, tee, b, fsi, g, enlistee, rosemarie, chea, parolee, cree, repartee, waikiki, conferee, musee, bee, mi, oad, jubilee, inductee, slee, pri, ip, spie, sep, yee, fee, lessee, she, mpg, bt, brie, rb, eap, ddt, ree, he, flee, shri, ye, mee, flea, apc, marie, cyb, oversea, detainee, lavie, nominee, ti, free, ne, ghee, esprit, key, fop, tse, chablis, re, vendee, t, sri, xie, capri, ee, cod, bourgeoisie, sze, lxi, crea, sightsee, loree, indri, ofc, banshee, atp, ged, ze, internee, ib, xi, nie, cc, tea, disagree, cie, mc, pree, tree, yi, leigh, dupree, si, ab, ravi, yippee, gee, jee, sea, be, d, qi, foresee, the, resignee, mea, knee, gyi, markee, yangtze, dundee, andree, klee, appointee, cat-3, thi, brea, referee, sci, fi, gutsy, honoree, rupee, we, ot, blea, z, chee, kyi, snee, designee, zee, degree, see, cd, enrollee, tyree, ki, mit, louie, sie, mme, cxc, nabil, kee, pawnee, henri, je, smee, retiree, nghi, odp, qui, vi, trainee, marquee, curie, vee, jessee, yie, tennessee, potpourri, magee, njt, mcghee, quai, syp, ji, bea, khe, bbc, draftee, lea, whoopee, mt, lsd, thierry, mcgee, wee, p, bui, jaycee, decree, marquis, v, id, plea, bibi, ranee, te, tv, guarani, c3, shi, deportee, pattee, guaranty, goatee, lp, dee, tenn, dea;
- alee, adee, achee, ac, agree, abee, albee;
- amputee, abt, amc, absentee, addressee, adoree, adoptee;
- hnat, geac, interviewee, lapd, knbc, irit;