Pronunciation of Jumping
/d͡ʒˈʌmpɪŋ/, /dʒˈʌmpɪŋ/, /dʒ_ˈʌ_m_p_ɪ_ŋ/
Antonyms for jumping:
Synonyms for jumping:
active, animated, beating, bouncing, bounding, buoyant, dynamic, hurdling, irregular, leaping, lively, pulsating, quaking, quivering, shaking, springing, throbbing, trembling, unsteady, vibrant, Hopping, Skipping.
Usage examples for jumping:
- " I shouldn't like that, because there would be no jumping," said Ayala. - "Ayala's Angel", Anthony Trollope.
- " Then she has robbed me," said Mason, jumping up to his feet. - "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.
- But I thought I was a fool for jumping. - "Carmen's Messenger", Harold Bindloss.
- Do you mean that you intend jumping into the sea, Mr. Maseden? - "His Unknown Wife", Louis Tracy.
- Next morning he was awake early, and jumping out of bed, so as not to disturb the sleeping Vernon, he drew up the window- blind, and gently opened the window. - "Eric, or Little by Little", Frederic W. Farrar.