Pronunciation of Tarry
/t_ˈa_ɹ_ɪ/, /tˈaɹɪ/, /tˈaɹɪ/
Antonyms for tarry:
complete, push on, Hasted, abandon, careen, get cracking, sprint, ex-press, resist, nonadhesive, go ahead, took wing, stepping on it, not lose a minutes, bail, fly, dis patched, scarper, flee, walk out, vamoose, dis patches, BUG OFF, Begone, stepping it, makes haste, push off, shaking a leg, reject, dis patching, hurl, journey, hasten, proceed, continue, move, scuttle, not lose minute, finish, not lose minuted, shakes leg, bug out, DO, moved quickly, cannonball, ex pressing, scurry, Hasting, gat cracking, gets cracking, get out, skedaddle, not lose a minute, making haste, career, ram, haste, not lose a minuted, locomote, got cracking, depart, scoot, allow, making tracks, steps it, step on it, carry out, hare, bolt, abscond, advance, whips around, Forfend, wasted no time, steps on it, wastes no time, migrate, shun, hurry, leave, dis patch, not lose a minuting, made tracks, made haste, ex pressed, not lose minuting, carry on, make tracks, move quickly, whipt around, moving quickly, avoid, rocket, jog, budge, gotten cracking, stepped it, taking wing, dis-patched, shakes a leg, dis-patch, whipping around, shake leg, rush, whip around, makes tracks, clear out, make haste, whipped around, stepped on it, shook a leg, step it, bugger off, shake a leg, rustle, clear off, hurtle, ex-pressing, getting cracking, waste no time, forge, shaking leg, wasting no time, take wing, forfeit, gallop, go, not lose minutes, ex press, takes wing, dis-patching, dis-patches.
Usage examples for tarry:
- I must not tarry. - "In the Day of Adversity", John Bloundelle-Burton.
- Come, come, cried Miss O'Donoghue, in her comfortable, commonplace, cheerful tone: This dinner bell of yours, Adrian, has raised false hopes, which seem to tarry in their fulfilment. - "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.
- A nice pass ye've brought things to, that women dare not tarry in their own homes for fear of insult. - "Janice Meredith", Paul Leicester Ford.
Rhymes for tarry:
- vary, querry, hairy, teri, lary, contrary, cherry, very, ferry, dairy, kari, remarry, prairie, merrie, terrie, bury, terry, carrie, jerrie, perry, marry, stary, jere, chery, kary, gary, guarneri, wary, ranieri, karry, terri, sherri, cheri, kerry, gery, fairy, carie, carey, merry, gerry, sperry, unwary, sherry, cary, jerry, barre, scary, sherrie, skerry, glengarry, clary, neri, sheri, nary, larry, jeri, derry, gerrie, kerri, harry, carrey, valeri, kerrey, wherry, mary, metairie, gerri, parry, jerri, eyrie;
- berry, airy, ary, arie, berri, berrie;
- azeri, canary;