Pronunciation of Quit
/kwˈɪt/, /kwˈɪt/, /k_w_ˈɪ_t/
Antonyms for quit:
continue, come, haunt, enter, pursue, defend, prosecute, adopt, occupy, go, remain, cherish, hold, favor, maintain, advocate, DO, finish, vindicate, support, encumbered, assert, stay, handicapped, start, arrive, come in, allow, protect, commence, join, keep, court, retain, claim, rise, complete, begin, seek, initiate, undertake, persevere, uphold, carry on.
Usage examples for quit:
- It is hard to quit the light, the light of heaven. - "Callista", John Henry Cardinal Newman.
- I ain't never going to be bad no more; so you might just as well quit begging me to come over and swing, you needn'task me no more,- 'tain't no use a tall. - "Miss Minerva and William Green Hill", Frances Boyd Calhoun.
Idioms for quit:
Quotes for quit:
We didn't lose Vietnam. We quit Vietnam.– Alexander Haig
Rhymes for quit:
- flit, whit, wit, knit, skit, hit, lit, smit, get, fit, mit, schmidt, slit, bit, plitt, writ, grit, spit, witt, kit, fitt, sit, schmitt, hitt, mitt, litt, ritt, britt, it, split, pitt, nit, pit, chit, brit, splitt, vitt, kitt;
- befit, lafitte, admit, remit, submit, dewitt, prewitt, emit, transmit, permit, unfit, acquit, gillett, commit, legit, omit, refit;
- readmit, recommit, resubmit;