Pronunciation of Saddling
/sˈadlɪŋ/, /sˈadlɪŋ/, /s_ˈa_d_l_ɪ_ŋ/
Antonyms for Saddling:
compress, loose, advance, acquit, give in, retreat, let go, facilitate, untie, gladden, drain, unchain, loosen, overlook, comfort, applaud, soothe, disorder, rough, absolve, laud, invigorate, yield, allow, forward, permit, stop, make happy, leave alone, exculpate, ignore, exonerate, approve, pay, pay cash, boost, sanction, pay by check, please, exalt, thank, push, aid, activate, lift, disjoin, keep, remove, unfasten, praise, lose, delight, take, open, inspirit, energize, unblock, glide, liberate, commend, neglect, release, help, bless, surrender, endorse, detach, take out, unharness, compliment, disconnect, support, prevent, further, benefit, set free, unlock, assist, encourage, calm, relieve, forget, unburden, deplete, free, displace, strengthen, flatter, concentrate, promote, clear.
Synonyms for Saddling:
admonish, ascribe, attribute, blast, censure, charge, chide, condemn, criticize, denounce, disapprove, finger, frame, impute, indict, knock, rap, rebuke, reprehend, reproach, reprove, roast, saddle, skin, tax, upbraid, Denunciate, lay to, find fault with, jump all over, lower the boom, hold responsible, pass the buck, blow the whistle on, climb all over, express disapprobation, jump down one's throat, lay a bad trip on, lay at one's door, let one have it, point the finger, stick it to.
afflict, burden, choke, clog, commit, cram, crowd, cumber, encumber, entrust, fill, heap, impregnate, instill, lade, pack, penetrate, permeate, pervade, pile, ram, saturate, suffuse, transfuse, weigh.
block, cramp, discommode, embarrass, hamper, handicap, hinder, hog-tie, hold up, impede, incommode, inconvenience, load, obstruct, oppress, overburden, overload, slow down, trammel, weigh down, weight, hang up, saddle with, retard, make difficult.
accouter, apply, bind, bridle, channel, check, cinch, collar, constrain, couple, curb, domesticate, employ, equip, exploit, fasten, fetter, fit, furnish, gear, govern, hitch, hold, leash, limit, mobilize, muzzle, outfit, rig, secure, strap, tackle, tame, tie, utilize, yoke, make productive, put in harness, render useful.
appoint, command, compel, decree, demand, encroach, enforce, enjoin, establish, exact, fix, foist, force, horn in, inflict, infringe, institute, introduce, intrude, lay, lay down, levy, move in on, oblige, obtrude, ordain, order, place, prescribe, presume, promulgate, put, require, take advantage, trespass, visit, wish, wreak, wreck, lay down the law, force upon, put foot down, read riot act.
abuse, aggrieve, annoy, beat down, crush, dishearten, dispirit, distress, harass, harry, hound, keep down, maltreat, outrage, overcome, overpower, overthrow, overwhelm, persecute, plague, press, ride, rule, sadden, smother, strain, subjugate, suppress, torment, torture, trample, vex, wrong, Despotize, put down, pick on, prey on, put screws to, put upon, tyrranize, weigh heavy upon, put the squeeze on.
Usage examples for Saddling:
- In saddling his horse rather hastily he was as unmoved as though preparing for an uneventful morning canter. - "At Fault", Kate Chopin.
- The following Punchestown Races, to my surprise, amongst a group of horses walking round the paddock previous to saddling for an important race, I recognised my old patient, bandaged, clothed, and trained, ready to take his part in the cross- country contest, and surrounded by a host of admirers willing to back him at any price. - "Diseases of the Horse's Foot", Harry Caulton Reeks.
- He tried to catch Bud's eye, but that young man was busy saddling Smoky and returning jibe for jibe with the men around him, and did not glance toward Pop at all. - "Cow-Country", B. M. Bower.
- Saddling the better of the two, he left the other and cantered northwest until hidden from the sight of any one at the ranch, and then galloped for safety. - "Hopalong Cassidy", Clarence E. Mulford.
- Do as she did; only we'll let you have your own ideas of saddling the horse. - "Jean of the Lazy A", B. M. Bower.
Rhymes for Saddling:
- paddling, straddling;