Pronunciation of Taught
/tˈɔːt/, /tˈɔːt/, /t_ˈɔː_t/
Antonyms for taught:
unaware, mis-informed, in-experienced, untaught, un-cultured, more lowbrow, most know nothing, in-erudite, un-reflecting, most unlettered, autodidactic, Inerudite, unprofessional, dilettante, un-knowledgeable, un-learned, most unread, more unconversant, un-tutored, most catachrestic, uneducated, un-intellectual, most ignoramus, unreflecting, self-educated, blind to, oblivious, more untutored, most lowbrow, most know-nothing, un-refined, most cretinous, un witting, more knownothing, clueless, un-informed, dilettantish, unschooled, unskillful, more misinformed, un reflecting, un tutored, more inerudite, Unconversant, un-enlightened, un enlightened, unacquainted, mis informed, under stood, catachrestic, insensible, in dark, unwitting, in nocent, more unread, inexpert, un cultivated, un-cultivated, most knownothing, un-witting, un suspecting, un read, birdbrained, cretinous, un-forced, lowbrow, un taught, in voluntary, in-sensible, Solecistic, more ignoramus, un intellectual, nonprofessional, more know nothing, most unknowledgeable, un-taught, un conscious, self-instructed, inexperienced, more solecistic, un-conscious, stupid, un grammatical, unknowing, more unintellectual, un-trained, most unintellectual, un-read, un instructed, unlettered, un-lettered, un informed, un cultured, know nothing, in experienced, un learned, un-grammatical, un trained, un forced, un refined, intuitive, illiterate, unknowledgeable, un conversant, most untutored, un initiated, emptyheaded, most solecistic, ignorant, more unknowledgeable, know-nothing, most inerudite, un-suspecting, un-instructed, empty headed, amateurish, un-conversant, in erudite, un schooled, unskilled, most misinformed, uninformed, un knowledgeable, most unreflecting, jackleg, nescient, apprenticed, more apprenticed, unintellectual, incognizant, in-nocent, untutored, unmindful, unconscious, more know-nothing, in sensible, more catachrestic, un lettered, more unreflecting, most unconversant, un-educated, un-mindful, in-voluntary, knownothing, un-schooled, un educated, innocent, under-stood.
Synonyms for taught:
Sense 1 (noun)
Usage examples for taught:
- They have taught the men less, and I am sorry, very sorry. - "The Strength of Gideon and Other Stories Strength of Gideon; Mammy Peggy's Pride; Viney's Free Papers; The Fruitful Sleeping of The Rev. Elisha Edwards; The Ingrate; The Case of 'Ca'line'; The Finish of Patsy Barnes; One Man's Fortunes; Jim's Probation; U", Paul Laurence Dunbar.
- You would have to be ashamed, perhaps, of ever having taught for your living. - "In Luck at Last", Walter Besant.
- What had I been taught? - "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.
- Now that he had taught Gill Mace a needed lesson, of course his family would be more bitter against Frank than ever. - "The Boys of Bellwood School", Frank V. Webster.
Quotes for taught:
Rhymes for taught:
- haut, wat, brought, naught, sought, taut, naught, snot, haught, haught, brought, fraught, fought, plaut, aught, sought, fraught, ought, aught, snot, wrought, rought, plaut, ought, fought, haut, thought, ot, wat, wrought, rought, ot, thought, taut;
- begot, distraught, distraught, rethought, rethought, begot;
- overwrought, overwrought;