Pronunciation of Taught
/tˈɔːt/, /tˈɔːt/, /t_ˈɔː_t/
Synonyms for taught:
Sense 1 (noun)
Usage examples for taught:
- They have taught the men less, and I am sorry, very sorry. - "The Strength of Gideon and Other Stories Strength of Gideon; Mammy Peggy's Pride; Viney's Free Papers; The Fruitful Sleeping of The Rev. Elisha Edwards; The Ingrate; The Case of 'Ca'line'; The Finish of Patsy Barnes; One Man's Fortunes; Jim's Probation; U", Paul Laurence Dunbar.
- You would have to be ashamed, perhaps, of ever having taught for your living. - "In Luck at Last", Walter Besant.
- What had I been taught? - "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.
- Now that he had taught Gill Mace a needed lesson, of course his family would be more bitter against Frank than ever. - "The Boys of Bellwood School", Frank V. Webster.
Quotes for taught:
Rhymes for taught:
- haut, wat, brought, naught, sought, taut, naught, snot, haught, haught, brought, fraught, fought, plaut, aught, sought, fraught, ought, aught, snot, wrought, rought, plaut, ought, fought, haut, thought, ot, wat, wrought, rought, ot, thought, taut;
- begot, distraught, distraught, rethought, rethought, begot;
- overwrought, overwrought;