Pronunciation of Fabric
/fˈabɹɪk/, /fˈabɹɪk/, /f_ˈa_b_ɹ_ɪ_k/
Antonyms for fabric:
Synonyms for fabric:
acrilan, alpaca, astrakhan, baize, batik, broadcloth, brocade, bunting, burlap, calico, cambric, canvas, cashmere, challis, cheesecloth, chenille, chiffon, chintz, corduroy, cotton, crepe, crinoline, dacron, damask, denim, duffel, felt, flannel, fleece, foulard, gabardine, gingham, gossamer, grenadine, herringbone, horsehair, jersey, lame, linen, madras, matting, mohair, moleskin, muslin, net, nylon, oilcloth, orlon, paisley, percale, plaid, quilting, rayon, sateen, satin, seersucker, serge, sharkskin, silk, suede, taffeta, tarpaulin, tricot, tulle, tweed, twill, velour, velvet, wool, worsted, Celanese, longcloth, sacking sailcloth.
cloth, material (noun)
anatomy, architecture, arrangement, building, composition, consistency, constitution, construction, edifice, foundation, frame, framework, infrastructure, makeup, mold, organization, shape, skeleton, stamp, structure, substance, make-up.
film, voile, webbing, Contexture, warp and woof.
drapery, pleat, yarn.
Usage examples for fabric:
- How weary we all grow of this fabric of deception which is called modern life. - "Adventures In Contentment", David Grayson AKA: Ray Stannard Baker.
- The world soon knew that my grandfather had cast me off, and with this foundation destroyed, the entire fabric of the Grand Parade fell to the ground at once. - "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- We are made of different fabric,- though the stuff was originally the same. - "Lady Anna", Anthony Trollope.
- It can not be said of this fabric of legislation that it went up without " the sound of the hammer." - "History of the Thirty-Ninth Congress of the United States", Wiliam H. Barnes.
- He had become devoted to Jenny; he was devoted also to that fabric of influence and importance which she had been building for herself. - "The Great Miss Driver", Anthony Hope.