Pronunciation of Shell
/ʃ_ˈɛ_l/, /ʃˈɛl/, /ʃˈɛl/
Usage examples for shell:
- Diving- suit and man would have been crushed like an egg- shell. - "Careers of Danger and Daring", Cleveland Moffett.
- That is, all except one, who remained seated, a sea shell held over each ear. - "Sunny Boy in the Big City", Ramy Allison White.
- Shell told his mother that he was in love with a beautiful daughter of the chief and must have her for his wife. - "Philippine Folk-Tales", Clara Kern Bayliss, Berton L. Maxfield, W. H. Millington, Fletcher Gardner, Laura Watson Benedict.
Idioms for shell:
Rhymes for shell:
- yell, smell, ell, quell, dwell, fell, stell, pell, gehl, el, cell, belle, helle, well, nell, swell, spell, frel, kell, delle, kjell, mell, bell, tel, chell, gel, bel, dell, cel, elle, knell, zel, sell, ehle, tell, del, fel, l, nel, mel, snell, kal, jell, nelle, schell, stelle;
- michele, noelle, carmel, misspell, atwell, brunelle, niguel, daniele, adel, sydell, cartel, darnell, shirelle, ul, cavell, hillel, ansel, capelle, tyrrell, marcelle, unsell, madelle, janelle, udelle, cornell, nobel, novell, maybelle, markel, rachelle, lavelle, waddell, dispel, mozelle, manuel, farewell, michelle, repel, patel, retell, arel, mirell, estelle, burrell, expel, arnelle, anwell, nouvelle, bechtel, sharell, fidel, cordell, intel, mantell, leonelle, gabel, compel, dantrell, resell, hormel, hotel, cabell, danelle, marvelle, grinnell, michel, sibelle, impel, ferrel, akel, outsell, martelle, carvel, mirelle, mabelle, montel, chanel, twaddell, chapell, accel, romelle, corel, befell, cornelle, rebel, propel, ruelle, moselle, lyell, darrelle, rangel, morrell, noel, pastel, cattell, odell, marcel, shirell, adell, samelle, motel, mendell, marvell, randell, adele, rozelle, giselle, ardelle, elwell, raquel, rochelle, excel, morel, purcell, joelle, bedel, gazelle, angelle, carel, ancel, varvel, miguel, ravel, adelle, foretell, mattel, rudelle, apel, lapel;
- raphael, orabel, avenel, mirabel, personnel, aol, gabriele, danielle, rafael, isabell, clientele;
- mademoiselle, aix-la-chapelle, nepl, materiel;