Pronunciation of Role
/ɹˈə͡ʊl/, /ɹˈəʊl/, /ɹ_ˈəʊ_l/
Synonyms for role:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
duty, function (noun)
impersonation of a character (noun)
act, acting, appearance, aspect, bit, character, clothing, execution, extra, guise, hero, ingenue, lead, look, part, performance, personification, piece, player, portrayal, presentation, representation, seeming, semblance, show, star, stint, super, title, walk-on.
come in, task.
Usage examples for role:
- Give me this role; that is, allow me to remain in the undisturbed possession of my fame." - "Berlin and Sans-Souci", Louise Muhlbach.
- It was at such a shrine, surrounded by tattered rags tied to sticks, that fluttered in the wind three or four thousand feet above Khyber level, that King drew Ismail into conversation, and deftly forced on him the role of questioner. - "King--of the Khyber Rifles", Talbot Mundy.
- At the first I was a mere spectator but played a more active role in the second. - "Free from School", Rahul Alvares.
- Sinclair took very kindly to the parental role. - "The Stronger Influence", F.E. Mills Young.
- But the role required it. - "Captain Fracasse", Theophile Gautier.
Quotes for role:
Rhymes for role:
- goal, nole, scroll, wohl, mole, roehl, pole, dole, hole, dhole, seoul, sohl, seoul, nohl, colle, knoll, troll, ohl, toll, stole, whole, cole, skoal, sole, rolle, bole, cole, buol, sole, rol, shoal, sol, stol, stole, poll, droll, noll, toll, pohl, sohl, skoal, bowl, noell, sowle, noell, bole, foal, rol, coal, stroll, colle, roehl, dole, boll, ohl, knoll, stol, kol, thole, sowle, poll, kohl, scroll, coal, sol, roll, pohl, soul, rolle, noll, boll, bowl, nole, dhole, pole, kole, stroll, whole, goal, wohl, nohl, thole, droll, hole, soul, kohl, kol, troll, foal, shoal, tole, kole, tole, roll, buol, mole;
- ecole, extol, console, viole, enroll, extol, unroll, patrol, nicolle, pistole, pistole, enroll, cajole, cajole, ole, control, nicole, ecole, unroll, nicole, viole, console, parole, patrol, parole, control, nicolle, ole;
- decontrol, self-control, self-control, decontrol;