Pronunciation of Outdo
/aʊ_t_d_ˈuː/, /a͡ʊtdˈuː/, /aʊtdˈuː/
Usage examples for outdo:
- General Monk treated them; and after supper a play, where the King did put a great affront upon Singleton's' musique, he bidding them stop and bade the French musique play, which, my Lord says, do much outdo all ours. - "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- Her natural haughtiness had caused her to lose valuable time; pride, and finally desperation drove her to attempt to outdo her foreign rivals; her native modesty became a thing of the past, her Roman initiative, unadorned by sophistication, was often but too successful in outdoing the Greek and Syrian wantons, but without the appearance of refinement which they always contrived to give to every caress of passion or avarice. - "The Satyricon, Complete", Petronius Arbiter.
Rhymes for outdo:
- leu, hoo, cou, knew, shoe, crewe, beu, trew, queue, ewe, tu, drew, dew, zoo, phew, shew, u, joo, sue, flu, you, mew, hew, jue, rew, goo, slew, who, su, ju, liu, true, du, chou, vu, yoo, thru, pew, shrew, loo, lieu, clue, chiu, kew, zue, stew, crew, chew, yue, ku, qu, mu, zhu, pooh, too, spew, stu, sioux, dru, doo, through, blew, lu, gu, new, flew, bleu, lue, cue, moo, glew, hewe, do, flue, ru, view, few, yu, two, lew, pou, ooh, koo, hugh, coups, pru, poo, coup, shoo, tue, strew, thew, xu, gnu, shu, ou, hu, foo, zhou, vue, kyu, hou, fu, uwe, thuy, prue, screw, skew, phu, woo, soo, q, gue, nu, coo, chu, douwe, grew, glue, brew, yew, lou, threw, rue, hsu, que, xue, boo, whew, pugh, siew, due, wu, pu, blue, hue, jew, tew;
- undue, zanu, shampoo, ensue, withdrew, larue, wahoo, undo, untrue, subdue, eschew, outgrew, adieu, askew, kazoo, ragu, leroux, peru, review, tattoo, imbue, abou, babu, canoe, ado, kwangju, fitzhugh, unglue, fondue, debut, liou, pursue, tatu, cebu, renew, ague, baku, bamboo, reto, revue, mchugh, urdu, construe, redo, miscue, into, perdue, cat-2, c2, accrue, purdue, m2, taboo, anew;
- iou, misconstrue, kangaroo, overthrew, isu, overdue, katmandu, hitherto, depardieu, suu, overdo, timbuktu, byu;
- hullabaloo, kalamazoo;