Pronunciation of Potential
/p_ə_t_ˈɛ_n_ʃ_əl/, /pətˈɛnʃə͡l/, /pətˈɛnʃəl/
Antonyms for potential:
confirmed, genuine, true, impotence, authentic, unlikely, impossible, proven, factual, bona fide, inability, retrospective, substantiated, authenticated, actual, incompetence, lack, weakness, lacking, unpromising, demonstrated, established, helpless.
Usage examples for potential:
- The kirangozi blows his horn, and gives forth blasts potential as Astolpho's, as the natives and Arabs throng around us. - "How I Found Livingstone", Sir Henry M. Stanley.
- And so promptly that it took me by surprise, he supplied the potential answer to my unspoken question. - "The Paternoster Ruby", Charles Edmonds Walk.
- We can agree, however, that most of Man's potential still remains to be discovered. - "Human Error", Raymond F. Jones.
Idioms for potential:
- realize one's potential
Quotes for potential:
Rhymes for potential:
- essential, prudential, credential, torrential, sequential, tangential;
- differential, existential, residential, influential, quintessential, providential, deferential, preferential, nonessential, reverential, confidential, exponential, consequential, presidential;
- inconsequential, jurisprudential, nonresidential, vice-presidential, experiential;