Pronunciation of Bleed
/blˈiːd/, /blˈiːd/, /b_l_ˈiː_d/
Antonyms for bleed:
gush, cheer, glory, ravish, comfort, drown, overflow, souse, reassure, deluge, offer, joy, inundate, beam, drench, sympathize, fill, crow, exult, rejoice, soothe, laugh, triumph, put in, give, console, flood, bathe, submerge, water, commiserate, wash, douse, delight, soak, assure, add, wet, increase, stream, swamp, solace, surge.
Usage examples for bleed:
- He can keep Tortuga and bleed it dry for all I care. - "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- When the quivering victim had ceased to bleed, the body was taken up by the young warriors and cast into the Deep Moor, where it immediately sunk in the bog. - "Pine Needles", Susan Bogert Warner.
- As I before told thee, let him bleed for his folly. - "Zanoni", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
Quotes for bleed:
Rhymes for bleed:
- kneed, shaheed, recede, saeed, keyed, feed, proceed, impede, fede, ede, indeed, mislead, reread, bead, reseed, brede, he'd, mead, sneed, leed, steed, succeed, snead, reid, tweed, seed, teed, screed, rashid, stampede, breed, walid, lipide, we'd, she'd, friede, greed, speed, cede, waleed, reed, need, deed, wied, fried, lead, freed, supersede, knead, skied, precede, swede, heed, dede, nead, read, hamid, misread, bede, weed, creed, rasheed, misdeed, plead, secede, meade;
- agreed, degreed, gilead, accede, decreed, exceed, concede, elide;
- intercede, aristide, disagreed, overfeed, guaranteed;