Pronunciation of Gas
/ɡ_ˈa_s/, /ɡˈas/, /ɡˈas/
Antonyms for gas:
impotency, lethargy, softness, laziness, enervation, frailness, debility, infirmity, tenderness, puniness, liquid, slightness, powerlessness, torpidity, disablement, feebleness, prostration, faintness, weakness, sluggishness, delicacy, solid, frailty, impotence, listlessness, exhaustion, enfeeblement, inanition, indolence, debilitation.
Usage examples for gas:
- Each of these has some part which will move when the water or the gas passes through. - "Letters of a Radio-Engineer to His Son", John Mills.
- The sitting- room was in darkness except for what light came in from the hall gas. - "Secret Bread", F. Tennyson Jesse.
- No. They did not use gas. - "Astounding Stories of Super-Science, December 1930", Various.
Idioms for gas:
Quotes for gas:
Rhymes for gas:
- cass, mass, pass, sass, glas, chasse, sas, sasse, masse, jass, class, brass, crass, glass, tass, lass, fass, dass, gass, kras, last, das, hass, cas, vass, gras, bras, fahs, nass, plas, bass, klass, kass, ras, grass, klas, pasts, lambastes;
- impasse, amass, contrasts, morass, alsace, repass, umass, harass, forecasts, surpass, alas;