Pronunciation of Jack
/d͡ʒˈak/, /dʒˈak/, /dʒ_ˈa_k/
Antonyms for jack:
Synonyms for jack:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
ball, banner, banneret, baseball, basketball, bat, beach ball, birdie, bowling ball, color, ensign, flag, football, golf ball, handball, pennant, pennon, standard, streamer, substitute, Banderole, Oriflamme.
Sense 6 (noun)
block and tackle, brass, bread, cabbage, cash, crane, currency, derrick, dough, gantry, gelt, green, hoist, jib, lettuce, lucre, money, pulley, scratch, skid, sling, wampum, long green, mazuma, moola.
Sense 7 (noun)
diddley, diddly, diddly-shit, diddly-squat, diddlyshit, diddlysquat, gob, jack up, jack-tar, jackfruit, jacklight, jak, knave, laborer, labourer, manual laborer, mariner, old salt, sea dog, seafarer, seaman, squat, tar.
bluejacket, boater, cadet, diver, hearty, jack-tar, lascar, marine, mariner, mate, middy, navigator, old salt, pilot, pirate, salt, sea dog, seafarer, seaman, shipmate, swab, tar, tarpaulin, water dog, windjammer, Circumnavigator, Yachter, Swabber, swabbie, shellback, able-bodied sailor, deck hand, midshipman/woman, sea person.
boost, bring up, construct, elevate, erect, establish, exalt, heave, hike, hoist, hold up, jump, lever, lift, lift up, mount, move up, promote, pry, rear, set up, shove, throw up, up, upcast, upheave, uplift, upraise, Uprear, run up, put up, take up, stand up, pull up, place up, put on its end, set upright.
adapter, alligator clip, banneret, block and tackle, brace, cabbage, cable, cheese, club, cord, deck, deuce, diamond, donkey, ensign, face card, flag, gelt, king, lettuce, money, outlet, picture card, pin, pine, playing card, power point, pulley, queen, socket, spade, trump, trump card, wild card, windlass, wiring, Banderole, Oriflamme, long green, mazuma, moola, crocodile clip.
Usage examples for jack:
- " Well, that's long to tell," Jack replied. - "Recalled to Life", Grant Allen.
- Jack says this is all fancy on my part, but I don't think it is. - "A Rock in the Baltic", Robert Barr.
- Thank you, said Jack, but I am very well here. - "Mr. Midshipman Easy", Captain Frederick Marryat.
- " Yes, I know," said Jack. - "Jack and the Check Book", John Kendrick Bangs.
- I could fancy that young friend of your mother's turning up his eyes at it, but a fellow like you wouldn't be so particular, I reckon; eh, Jack? - "The Adventures of a Three-Guinea Watch", Talbot Baines Reed.
Idioms for jack:
Rhymes for jack:
- plack, brac, sac, rak, back, dac, lack, hack, stack, knack, wrack, pack, smack, lak, yak, lac, mack, crack, zach, mac, brack, flack, quack, black, ack, tak, sak, clack, haq, pac, plaque, yack, tac, slack, akc, jac, nack, dack, bak, fac, cac, snack, trac, rack, unpack, mak, whack, flak, track, wack, tack, shaq, pak, zack, paque, shack, caq, spak, sack, trak, stac, zak, braque;
- repack, attack, aback, knick-knack, arrack;