Pronunciation of Cheese
/t͡ʃˈiːz/, /tʃˈiːz/, /tʃ_ˈiː_z/
Antonyms for cheese:
Synonyms for cheese:
American Cheese, blue cheese, brie, camembert, cheddar, cottage cheese, cream cheese, edam, emmental, gorgonzola, gouda, grated cheese, gruyere, limburger, mozzarella, parmesan, process cheese, ricotta, roquefort, stilton, Swiss Cheese, Neufchatel, Romano, Dutch cheese, jack cheese, Provolone.
Sense 1 (noun)
american, brick, Double Gloucester, dutch, emmenthaler, gloucester, hand, jack, leyden, liederkranz, muenster, oka, sapsago, swiss, Smearcase, mascarpone, Cheshire, FETA, fromage frais, Wensleydale, aged cheddar, appetitost, asiago, bel paese, creamed cottage, Fleur de Lait, Havarti, Jarlsberg, Monterey Jack, Pecorino, Philadelphia cream, Port du Salut, Saga Blue, Schweizer, Tamales Bay, tilsit.
ace, big cheese, big shot, bigwig, cynosure, famous person, figure, heavyweight, hero, hotshot, immortal, lion, luminary, magnate, mahatma, major leaguer, name, notable, personage, personality, somebody, someone, star, vip, worthy, big deal, superstar, big gun, celeb, big stuff, the cheese, big name.
American Cheese, blue cheese, brie, camembert, cheddar, cheeseflower, cottage cheese, cream cheese, edam, emmental, gorgonzola, gouda, grated cheese, gruyere, high mallow, limburger, Malva Sylvestris, mozzarella, parmesan, process cheese, ricotta, roquefort, stilton, Swiss Cheese, tall mallow, Neufchatel, Romano, Dutch cheese, jack cheese, Provolone.
adulterate, angle, beard, belie, blarney, build up, cloak, color, confuse, disguise, distort, dress, embellish, embroider, equivocate, exaggerate, falsify, garble, mangle, mask, misinterpret, misstate, overdraw, overstate, palter, pervert, pirate, prevaricate, promote, puff, skew, snow, stretch, trump up, twist, warp, Miscolor, Misreport, cover up, slant, blow smoke, con, phony up.
Dairy Products, FETA, fromage frais.
Usage examples for cheese:
- " Yes, the moon might be made of green cheese- but it isn't," returned Alice. - "Chicken Little Jane", Lily Munsell Ritchie.
- Eggs, milk and cheese contain it in fair abundance. - "The Vitamine Manual", Walter H. Eddy.
- The next morning he got a telescope, and taking with him his dinner of bread and cheese, and a book in his pocket, went up to the Temple of the Winds, to look out for the boat. - "Malcolm", George MacDonald.
- Save the water from the Boiled Rice for the experiment below and for preparing Cheese Sauce for class work. - "School and Home Cooking", Carlotta C. Greer.
- God sent the crow a piece of cheese. - "The Darling and Other Stories", Anton Chekhov.
- Cream cheese, although so called, is not properly cheese, but is nothing more than cream dried sufficiently to be cut with a knife. - "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.
- Sancho replied that the only jewel Dulcinea had given him was some bread and cheese; whereupon Don Quixote remarked that no doubt she had had no jewels at hand. - "The Story of Don Quixote", Arvid Paulson, Clayton Edwards, and Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- You know he brings in butter and cheese from his farm every Thursday, and Aunt Deborah will ride home in his wagon. - "A Little Maid of Old Philadelphia", Alice Turner Curtis.
- The little Country Mouse looked at the trap, and he looked at the cheese, and he looked at the little City Mouse. - "Stories to Tell to Children", Sara Cone Bryant.
Idioms for cheese:
Rhymes for cheese:
- keas, vees, fees, knees, sleaze, bes, fleas, trees, bees, seize, breese, pease, neis, cees, hees, mease, friese, skis, ease, reas, crees, jeez, peas, beas, gies, preis, meis, sees, lees, frieze, kees, sies, glees, feese, freeze, seas, pleas, keys, threes, sprees, deas, squeeze, she's, wheeze, neas, mees, liese, z's, breeze, sneeze, dees, leas, flees, these, keyes, teas, deis, rees, nees, tease, tees, please, saez, reis, frees, neese, geez;
- chemise, belize, appease, trapeze, unease, andries, cadiz, foresees, degrees, jaycees, draftees, rupees, trustees, scorsese, aziz, ortiz, maltese, trainees, pawnees, agrees, disease, chinese, cds, decrees, louise, burmese, displease, lessees, reprise;
- enrollees, ccs, disagrees, amputees, timorese, guaranties, nepalese, sinhalese, sudanese, honorees, overseas, licensees, absentees, guarantees, siamese, balinese, returnees, cantonese, taiwanese, devotees, designees, journalese, nominees, escapees, retirees, conferees, appointees, inductees, internees, annamese, referees, expertise, detainees, franchisees, enlistees, japanese, javanese;
- abts, stds, indochinese, interviewees;