Pronunciation of Crew
/kɹˈuː/, /kɹˈuː/, /k_ɹ_ˈuː/
Synonyms for crew:
aggregation, army, assemblage, assembly, band, battalion, bevy, body, brigade, bunch, cabal, cadre, caucus, cell, circle, clan, clique, club, coalition, collection, colony, company, complement, coterie, covey, crowd, detachment, detail, division, drove, faction, fellowship, fleet, flock, force, fraternity, gang, group, herd, hive, host, junta, league, litter, mob, nest, outfit, pack, party, phalanx, platoon, posse, regiment, retinue, ring, school, sect, set, society, squad, staff, string, team, tribe, troop, troupe, union, wing.
group working together (noun)
aggregation, assemblage, band, bevy, bunch, cluster, collection, company, complement, congregation, corps, covey, crowd, faction, gang, hands, herd, horde, lot, mob, organization, pack, party, posse, retinue, sect, set, squad, swarm, team, troop, troupe, working party, Sailors, workers.
airman, airwoman, boatman, bombardier, bosun, buccaneer, cannon fodder, commando, crewman, docker, ferryman, foot soldier, green beret, grenadier, grunt, guardsman, gunner, helmsman, hussar, infantryman, longshoreman, marine, mariner, medic, militiaman, old salt, orderly, paramilitary, paratrooper, peacekeeper, point man, private, purser, ranger, reservist, saboteur, sailor, sea captain, sea dog, seaman, section eight, sentry, serviceman, shipmate, shock troops, signalman, soldier, soldier of fortune, standard-bearer, stevedore, storekeeper, submariner, trooper, yachtsman, yachtswoman, Mia, PVT, PEEPS, cap'n, serviceperson, servicewoman, yardbird.
captain, engineer, pilot.
Usage examples for crew:
- Some of our men had never been over before, and one of the boat's crew confessed. - "Mr. Trunnell", T. Jenkins Hains.
- Gordon was, without doubt, the pick of the crew. - "The Loom of Youth", Alec Waugh.
- He immediately, with his boat's crew, pushed on in the direction Tim believed Desmond and Hamed had been carried. - "The Three Commanders", W.H.G. Kingston.
- What are we to do with the crew and the ship? - "White Fire", John Oxenham.
Quotes for crew:
Rhymes for crew:
- hu, lu, lieu, rue, zhou, chew, woo, ru, trew, moo, ooh, screw, blue, do, sioux, siew, phu, hsu, joo, wu, chu, hoo, nu, tew, pu, thuy, slew, spew, jew, bleu, pru, ju, new, flue, leu, too, doo, shu, jue, vue, crewe, q, ewe, xu, you, stew, prue, chiu, tue, knew, stu, boo, dew, ku, uwe, mew, que, shew, zhu, shoe, through, coo, gu, thru, douwe, glue, drew, view, loo, pooh, soo, few, ou, grew, poo, mu, foo, two, true, zue, clue, fu, u, threw, hew, yoo, beu, brew, xue, hewe, gnu, strew, liu, lue, phew, coup, goo, su, lou, chou, cue, due, who, cou, blew, kew, lew, shrew, queue, pou, vu, tu, hugh, whew, pugh, sue, yue, hue, thew, yew, du, rew, skew, kyu, gue, koo, yu, qu, glew, zoo, flu, dru, pew, hou, shoo, flew, coups;
- construe, perdue, fondue, ado, leroux, ensue, accrue, askew, kazoo, purdue, baku, outgrew, shampoo, anew, ragu, debut, babu, outdo, tattoo, undue, reto, m2, miscue, canoe, taboo, renew, fitzhugh, pursue, larue, imbue, withdrew, liou, tatu, eschew, review, wahoo, urdu, bamboo, peru, subdue, cebu, mchugh, undo, zanu, c2, untrue, redo, ague, kwangju, into, revue, adieu, unglue, cat-2, abou;
- iou, misconstrue, depardieu, katmandu, suu, overdo, isu, timbuktu, kangaroo, overthrew, hitherto, overdue, byu;
- hullabaloo, kalamazoo;