Pronunciation of Halfway
/h_ˈɑː_f_w_eɪ/, /hˈɑːfwe͡ɪ/, /hˈɑːfweɪ/
Antonyms for halfway:
just, unprejudiced, biased, soundly, remotest, peripherally, unusual, entirely, fullscale, outermost, heartily, flawless, extraordinary, unreasonable, peripheral, uninjured, full scale, extreme, terminal, finished, more complete, exceptional, complete, fair, margin, furthest, entire, exterior, furthermost, all out, all-out, completed, perfect, fully, completely, through and through, unbiased, total, unmarred, utmost, intact, border, farthermost, full, wholly, fullblown, unbroken, quite, prejudiced, unimpaired, Exteriority, enough, integral, undamaged, partial, outside, outmost, all over, abnormal, thoroughly, full blown, altogether, exactly, outer, farthest, whole, totally, end, periphery, perfectly, noble, allout.
Usage examples for halfway:
- He, therefore, determined to make for a somewhat narrow street, about halfway between the south and west corners. - "By Pike and Dyke: A Tale of the Rise of the Dutch Republic", G.A. Henty.
- The man must have known, from her attitude, what was passing in her mind, for he spoke when he was but halfway across. - "Concerning Sally", William John Hopkins.
- When I had got halfway between this and their village, I caught sight of a large number of them stealing along across the plain. - "In the Wilds of Africa", W.H.G. Kingston.
Quotes for halfway:
Rhymes for halfway:
- spray, gaye, saye, ley, lait, de, jaye, fay, slay, nay, kaye, ney, fray, clay, jae, maye, ay, yay, jay, day, they, play, gray, k, tay, shea, whey, klay, bray, neigh, dray, haye, pei, sleigh, hey, fey, dae, se, rey, kay, pray, dey, j, wy, prey, frey, brae, drey, flay, brey, nej, quay, quai, daye, re, gway, stray, mey, mae, sta, lei, mei, hay, ne, pay, hwe, tray, sze, trey, shay, ca, che, ray, way, blay, waye, yea, khe, wey, cay, wray, say, raye, ae, graye, wei, stay, may, vey, rae, fe, cray, bay, faye, lay, tae, bey, paye, sway, weigh, grey;
- asay, moray, renee, saute, sorbet, risque, da, mccrea, cache, dossier, array, ga, levey, repay, convey, monet, calais, manet, macrae, cathay, dismay, o'shea, allay, astray, betray, display, jose, carre, replay, delray, cliche, fillet, survey, crochet, parquet, toupee, filet, bombay, obey, passe, gervais, today, nikkei, belay, valet, puree, purvey, olay, decay, okay, nisei, dk, beauvais, ballet, cafe, souffle, ha, mcveigh, buffet, essay, mckay, orsay, rene, abbe, croquet, bouquet, defray, portray, hurray, hervey, mackay, away, b-j, beret, soiree, ole, millay, prepay, ek, hooray, sergei, oj, chalet, delay;
- overplay, underway, disarray, perrier, bta, fiance, lyonnais, faberge, piaget, ira, intraday, bouvier, cabernet, underplay, ekk, cabaret, overstay, jna, attache, disobey, aaa, monterey, ita, dak, chevrolet, monterrey, cea, bua, uva;
- asea, hiaa, naivete, communique, ceta, foia, noaa, cabriolet;