Pronunciation of Profess
/p_ɹ_ə_f_ˈɛ_s/, /pɹəfˈɛs/, /pɹəfˈɛs/
Antonyms for profess:
dispute, be quiet, deny, disown, conceal, negative, neglect, question, reject, minimize, hide, confute, overlook, abandon, counter, disregard, repudiate, disprove, challenge, invalidate, disavow, rebut, renounce, refuse, gainsay, contradict, understate, ignore.
Usage examples for profess:
- But be this as it may, we lived in the back- woods, and didn't profess to know much, and no doubt used many wrong words. - "A Narrative of the Life of David Crockett, of the State of Tennessee.", Davy Crockett.
- I decidedly do not profess to be a perfect Jew, but I do . - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- In those days, Isaac did not profess to be a Quaker. - "Isaac T. Hopper", L. Maria Child.
Rhymes for profess:
- tress, les, es, esse, ess, guests, guess, yes, gless, tess, mess, dress, chess, kess, ches, vess, hess, bless, ress, bess, fests, hesse, wes, nes, stress, ness, less, pless, press, ques, gess, fess, crests, jess, s, cress, abs;
- depress, fluoresce, finesse, molests, ts, noblesse, undress, transgress, ellesse, progress, requests, attests, infests, regress, suppress, obsess, repress, digests, largesse, recess, address, invests, fs, divests, compress, excess, retests, impress, contests, possess, aggress, vs, redress, suggests, oppress, express, ls, etess, digress, unless, egress, confess, distress, success, caress, protests, assess;
- repossess, cps, ccs, convalesce, dss, coalesce, uss, reinvests, las, acquiesce, ins, reassess, nonetheless, lcs, uys, ers, oas, pos, dispossess, cus;
- adss, cmos, ws, stds, nevertheless, hces, tcas, abts;