Pronunciation of Bow
/bˈə͡ʊ/, /bˈəʊ/, /b_ˈəʊ/
Antonyms for bow:
forbear, decline, line, straighten, resist, forgo, persist, persevere, oppose, disagree, unkink, reject, unbend, defend, overpower, refuse, conquer, disallow, win, uncurl, withstand, deny, abjure, spearhead, abstain, repel, fight, defy.
Synonyms for bow:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
Sense 6 (noun)
bend from waist (noun)
front of boat (noun)
bend over (verb)
accept, acquiesce, adhere, agree, assent, bend, capitulate, cave, cede, comply, concur, conform, consent, defer, fulfill, genuflect, knuckle under, kowtow, obey, observe, respect, submit, succumb, surrender, yield.
submit, concede (verb)
accommodate, aft, amidships, arrow, arrowhead, beam, berth, bestride, bilge, bowsprit, brig, bulwark, burrow, capstan, catgut, cleat, conning tower, cower, crane, damper, double over, ensconce, escape hatch, fender, figurehead, fo'c'sle, forecastle, galley, gangplank, gangway, genuflection, granny knot, gunnel, gunwale, hawser, helm, hydrofoil, jib, keel, kneel, lanyard, loll, mainsail, mizzen, oakum, oarlock, outrigger, paddle, pillow, plectrum, porcelain, porthole, promenade deck, propeller, quarterdeck, ram, reef knot, resonator, rudder, sail, saloon, sheet, sickbay, slouch, snuggle, spar, spinnaker, square knot, starboard, steerage, stern, stowage, sun deck, thwart, tiller, topside, turret, wardroom, waterline, wheelhouse, crow's nest, muster station, slip knot, tuning peg.
acknowledgment, arm, bay, bellows, boom, cockpit, deck, drape, drumstick, flight deck, fret, hitch, hull, hunch, inclination, mast, masthead, move over, nestle, port, reverence, rigging, stick up, suck in, suffer, tie, waist, soft pedal.
Usage examples for bow:
- Did you see her husband bow to us as we came in? - "A Man's Hearth", Eleanor M. Ingram.
- They stopped many times to make sure that the way was open, before they finally came within bow shot of the camp. - "Three Sioux Scouts", Elmer Russell Gregor.
- The latter took it with a bow and put it into his pocket for a future occasion. - "The Heart of Rome", Francis Marion Crawford.
- No, uncle, you only said a bow. - "The Parent's Assistant", Maria Edgeworth.
- But he put his hand upon her arm kindly, and with a little bow and an emphasis, he said- 'Pray, not a word, my dear Madam. - "The House by the Church-Yard", J. Sheridan Le Fanu.
Rhymes for bow:
- giraud, renaud, pow, now, stow, koh, row, whoa, fao, co, rao, glo, plough, gloe, gow, sow, turbot, luo, joh, fro, know, goe, beaux, yoe, defoe, woe, foe, mao, plow, mau, poe, floe, wow, rondeau, toe, thibault, shao, sloe, chateau, rouleau, roe, noh, ro, vo, strow, plough, macau, loew, shao, scow, slow, sgro, lau, lo, kau, ho, papo, hello, gro, cho, rao, bo, crow, tao, sew, stowe, aue, vow, loew, o', frau, rideau, brau, loe, renaud, loe, tao, kayo, kowtow, meow, clough, snow, cow, goe, wo, marceau, tableaux, o', undergo, lo, yao, chateau, vo, rau, forego, clough, xiao, know, rouleau, mo, oh, outgrow, tallyho, ngo, so, rideau, cow, gro, yow, bio, show, gow, dau, bordeaux, so, aux, blow, lowe, nau, beaux, low, noe, tableaux, row, sgro, low, though, inco, escrow, rho, ro, bro, truffaut, noh, poh, yau, snow, kau, inco, sao, yao, flo, mo, bro, scow, marceau, pao, loh, hoe, tableau, frau, margaux, tyo, ko, chau, chateaux, flo, aue, cro, cao, cousteau, poh, yo, outgrow, mow, mow, kayo, foe, vow, jo, escoe, trow, dao, goh, dough, munro, plateau, loewe, rowe, eau, tsao, thoreau, gau, bao, cloe, hau, tso, ow, chateaux, papo, koh, nouveau, tableau, glow, pro, chow, lough, devaux, fro, turbot, truffaut, uno, cho, munro, perot, jo, escrow, cloe, gloe, now, quo, thou, brow, go, cabo, how, dowe, moe, bo, luo, tow, though, loewe, thoreau, pao, monroe, brau, gau, boe, bordeaux, goh, perot, boe, tallyho, chau, nau, tarot, hoh, shough, whoa, so-so, ow, yoe, bowe, blow, forego, poe, crow, bough, co, au, rowe, sow, joe, tho, owe, lao, kowtow, doe, kao, xiao, moe, monroe, coe, mao, ko, thao, dao, rho, how, escoe, ho, howe, stow, tarot, throw, tso, prow, macau, gogh, chow, bowe, meow, kyo, quo, grow, oh, trow, joh, toe, tau, hoh, defoe, doh, dowe, tow, hello, bough, dow, zoh, lau, floe, doh, tho, yow, bao, hoe, plow, uno, sew, sao, joe, giraud, roe, cousteau, pow, lao, tau, aux, mau, kao, bestow, ngo, owe, dow, dough, brow, beau, cabo, zoh, prow, roh, flow, lough, yoh, eau, shough, forgo, doe, hao, undergo, wow, nouveau, hao, below, pough, thibault, yo, margaux, glow, peugeot, devaux, stowe, throw, grow, so-so, forgo, cao, yau, wo, gogh, below, cro, yoh, slow, tsao, coe, glo, flow, bio, go, dau, peugeot, bestow, tyo, thao, noe, loh, lowe, fao, plateau, thou, kyo, pough, pro, howe, beau, strow, rondeau, au, rau, roh, hau, sloe, show, woe;
- macao, although, pernod, endow, avow, miro, allow, ago, renault, bilbao, renault, arnaud, liao, arnaud, aglow, although, allow, endow, miro, macao, pernod, avow, aglow, bilbao, ago, arnault, liao, arnault;
- eeo, taekwondo, ivo, disavow, disallow, overflow, apropos, mindanao, apropos, disavow, mindanao, overflow, disallow, taekwondo, ivo, eeo, imo, imo;
- celo, celo;