Pronunciation of Are
/ˈɑː/, /ˈɑː/, /ˈɑː/
Synonyms for are:
acre, area, bushel, carat, cubic, cwt, footage, grain, gram, hectare, hundredweight, kg, kilo, kilogram, lb, metric ton, mg, milligram, ounce, peck, seer, square, stone, tonne, troy weight, Centigram, Oz, ST, BMI.
Other synonyms and related words:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Usage examples for are:
- An' what are ye gauin' to do? - "Malcolm", George MacDonald.
- He said, " What are you doing?" - "Myths and Legends of the Great Plains", Unknown.
- " I wonder what they are doing there," cried Sally. - "Peggy Owen and Liberty", Lucy Foster Madison.
- They ain't comin' in here, are they? - "Sube Cane", Edward Bellamy Partridge.
- I believe you are right, George. - "The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly", Charles James Lever.
Idioms for are:
Quotes for are:
Rhymes for are:
- baar, jar, spahr, voir, barre, marr, star, parr, r, ahr, klar, farr, sar, tarr, spar, bar, scar, gaar, mahr, haar, mawr, lar, barr, ar, clar, scharr, thar, par, csar, dar, phar, char, tsar, carr, tar, far, fahr, darr, czar, wor, bahr, starr, gar, mar, karr, saar, our, car, paar;
- bazaar, farrar, azar, azhar, afar, ajar, kumar, bondar, navar, lamarr, cigar, bizarre, jabbar, guitar, myanmar, lamar, boyar, farquar, victoire, jaffar, bazar, demar, ceasar, lemar, gregoire, jamar, disbar, hamar, sagar, transtar, kadar, dinar, jabar, navarre, carre, godar, dakar, renoir, adar, algar, paccar, amar, qatar, tesar;
- aer, baltazar, valdemar, baldemar, superstar, npr;
- qasr, emdr;