Pronunciation of Prepare
/pɹɪpˈe͡ə/, /pɹɪpˈeə/, /p_ɹ_ɪ_p_ˈeə/
Antonyms for prepare:
dis entangle, spoke the cuff, scatter, Unreeled, un wraps, loosen up, dis-entangling, un furling, speak cuff, disturb, eased off, spake off the cuff, confuse, dis entangling, ex-temporize, un bending, ad-lib, un reeled, sits back, un roll, sat back, un-roll, dashing out, un-wrap, taking break, wound down, de-vising, un-twisting, takes a break, speaks impromptu, un ravel, weaken, taking it easy, spoke off cuff, dis-entangle, un twist, Improvisated, takes easy, ex-temporized, easing off, re-clines, spake cuff, un-wound, disarrange, uncoil, un-rolls, tossed off, disorder, didst offhand, ignore, un-reeling, un reel, un-ravels, does offhand, quiets down, ex temporized, hurt, un-twisted, speak impromptu, un-coils, winded down, improvisates, speaks extemporaneously, in vents, un raveled, slowed down, dissuade, took it easy, in-venting, Improvisating, un ravelling, doth offhand, do offhand, untwisted, spake off cuff, un-ravelling, tosses off, un-twists, unbend, un-twine, take, did offhand, ADLIB, re-sting, uncoiling, in vented, dis entangled, wreck, re sting, un bends, un bend, un winding, un-wraps, slowing down, un wrapping, improvise, eases off, un twisting, speaks cuff, in-vent, spake impromptu, speaking impromptu, in-vented, un coiling, de vised, un bended, speaking extemporaneously, dis-entangled, takes it easy, un-wrapping, untwine, ex temporizes, un winds, un reels, took break, ruin, speak extemporaneously, play by ear, untwining, spoke off the cuff, ex-temporizing, take easy, sit back, un reeling, untwined, un-furled, spoke impromptu, spake extemporaneously, de vise, untwist, ex-temporizes, speak off cuff, doest offhand, un rolling, dis entangles, winds down, de-vise, ad lib, dis-entangles, un coil, un wrapped, unbent, loosened up, winding down, un wound, dashes out, spoke cuff, made up, in vent, speaking off cuff, demolish, quiet down, speaking off the cuff, un-winds, discourage, un rolls, slow down, de vising, un coils, ex temporize, un twists, take a break, speaks the cuff, unreels, un-ravelled, un-wind, doing offhand, re clines, ease off, un-rolling, un-bent, un-furling, re cline, un raveling, in-vents, dash out, uncoils, loosening up, un-coiled, break, un rolled, Unfurnish, untwisting, Improvisate, halt, un-twines, un twine, un ravels, sate back, de-vised, unfit, un-rolled, un-coiling, loosens up, speaks off cuff, un-bend, un-twined, un-raveling, un-twist, destroy, un-raveled, taking easy, toss off, makes up, un-bends, uncoiled, dost offhand, wind down, taking a break, quieting down, un ravelled, unreeling, dashed out, extemporize, quieted down, speaking the cuff, un-reeled, slows down, speak the cuff, un twined, un furled, unreel, un-twining, un-bended, unsettle, speaks off the cuff, unwind, forget, un bent, un wind, untwists, ex temporizing, in venting, disperse, neglect, un coiled, upset, tost off, un wrap, speak off the cuff, spake the cuff, disorganize, spoke extemporaneously, stop, un-winding, re-cline, un-coil, un-bending, speaking cuff, let go, took a break, takes break, un-ravel, unbended, untwines, sitting back, tossing off, un-reel, doeth offhand.
Synonyms for prepare:
Sense 1 (noun)
adapt, alert, anticipate, appoint, arm, block out, caution, elaborate, foresee, lay in, lay-by, lecture, man, perfect, portend, provide, provide for, qualify, warn, whistle, Forewarn, cut out, tip off, get ready, warn off, sound/raise the alarm.
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
begin, birth, bud, commence, conceive, create, dawn, embark, emerge, germinate, hatch, inaugurate, induct, initialize, initiate, introduce, originate, spring, sprout, start, stem, undertake, develop, form.
make or get ready (verb)
adapt, adjust, anticipate, appoint, arrange, assemble, brace, build up, coach, concoct, construct, contrive, cook, develop, dispose, draw up, endow, equip, fabricate, fashion, fit, fit out, fix, form, formulate, fortify, furnish, gird, groom, make, outfit, perfect, plan, practice, prime, produce, provide, put together, qualify, ready, settle, steel, strengthen, supply, train, turn out, warm up, make up, fill in, put in order, lay the groundwork, make provision, smooth the way.
adjust, arrange, array, balance, cast, categorize, chart, class, classify, collate, compose, control, design, devise, establish, fix, form, frame, grade, group, harmonize, integrate, maintain, marshal, mediate, normalize, orchestrate, order, organize, pigeonhole, place, plan, plot, program, rank, rate, rationalize, regulate, right, schedule, schematize, scheme, score, screen, separate, set, settle, shape, sift, sort, stabilize, stratify, structure, subordinate, support, systematize, type, unify, unsnarl, Methodize.
break in, line up, stage-manage.
Usage examples for prepare:
- He felt sure it must come some day, and so he had begun to prepare for it. - "Furze the Cruel", John Trevena.
- Nor that alone; Prepare yourself to see a greater still. - "Mary Stuart A Tragedy", Frederich Schiller.
- By now, Ken and his companions had learned the use of the electron microscope and how to prepare specimens for it. - "The Year When Stardust Fell", Raymond F. Jones.
- But you don't need to prepare. - "Penny Plain", Anna Buchan (writing as O. Douglas).
- " I think few men would prepare as you do," she said. - "In the Wilderness", Robert Hichens.
Idioms for prepare:
Quotes for prepare:
Rhymes for prepare:
- darr, there, bare, sare, ware, heir, fer, lehr, tear, clare, chair, mare, lair, gair, flare, hare, nair, bahr, herr, swear, hair, clair, they're, dare, guerre, fare, kehr, serr, air, glare, lare, claire, stair, stare, werre, share, clare, ferre, dare, spare, pear, bear, flare, square, ware, pare, rare, ferre, care, skare, their, lair, blare, hare, clair, err, guerre, share, wear, bair, gehr, fair, baer, glare, prayer, bair, gair, fer, baer, khmer, ne'er, derr, eyre, hehr, terre, blair, fare, eyre, swear, scare, prayer, cher, faire, faire, snare, they're, khmer, lare, mare, nair, chair, flair, pare, mer, lehr, sare, rare, derr, pair, herr, bahr, bear, gare, kehr, flair, werre, serr, sayre, blare, heir, pair, tear, maire, fair, terre, square, pear, spare, care, stair, stare, there, their, scare, air, maire, where, mer, cher, hehr, snare, claire, sayre, mair, hair, gare, mair, bare, wear, where, blair, gehr, skare, ne'er, darr, err;
- astaire, impair, alair, abair, adair, aware, pierre, comair, pierre, moliere, affair, voltaire, sinclair, montclair, affair, dispair, sinclair, comair, declare, midair, repair, alair, allaire, astaire, allaire, forswear, swissair, compare, unfair, belair, montclair, repair, mcnair, adaire, belair, ensnare, compare, adair, declare, beware, aware, mcnair, adaire, despair, swissair, o'hare, abair, impair, dispair, unfair, voltaire, beware, forswear, midair, o'hare, ensnare, despair, moliere;
- disrepair, billionaire, questionnaire, icelandair, aer, javier, billionaire, unaware, millionaire, disrepair, millionaire, usair, icelandair, usair, debonair, debonair, javier, doctrinaire, unaware, questionnaire, solitaire, solitaire, aer, doctrinaire;
- concessionaire, concessionaire;
- multimillionaire, multimillionaire;