Pronunciation of Contrary
/k_ˈɒ_n_t_ɹ_ə_ɹ_ˌɪ/, /kˈɒntɹəɹˌɪ/, /kˈɒntɹəɹˌɪ/
Antonyms for contrary:
alike, on string, germane, at ones beck and call, at one beck and call, companion, well-bred, agreeable, equal, harmonious, heavenly, discreet, moral, ruly, in power, controllable, angelic, wrapped around finger, most venerating, under control, most honoring, at ones beck call, modest, law-abiding, same, clean, in one's clutches, more sheeplike, homogeneous, respectful, relevant, law abiding, thoughtful, in ones pocket, lawabiding, in one's pocket, most well-trained, match, governable, at beck call, in clutches, most sheeplike, more law abiding, obedient, decent, grown up, at one's beck call, in one pocket, more law-abiding, obliging, in one's power, in pocket, essential, polite, most welltrained, kind, conforming, mature, most docious, at one's beck and call, deferential, apropos, yielding, concordant, proper, complaisant, most law abiding, fellow, accommodating, orderly, more welltrained, correspondent, re signed, pertinent, analogous, at beck and call, obsequious, Trainable, akin, disciplined, like, identical, docious, more lawabiding, most well trained, cherubic, adult, in ones clutches, in one clutches, de voted, de-voted, appropriate, more honoring, more well trained, equivalent, in one power, favorable, re-signed, considerate, dutiful, decorous, servile, favourable, agreeing, courteous, divine, mannerly, in ones power, subservient, correct, manageable, slavish, similar, kowtowing, sheeplike, on a string, respectable, most law-abiding, well trained, at one beck call, well-trained, consistent, friendly, complying, more well-trained, more docious, most lawabiding, mate, welltrained, kindly, more venerating, cooperative.
Usage examples for contrary:
- At sea, on the contrary, when the great lines are common to both, we cannot defend our own without striking at the enemy's. - "Some Principles of Maritime Strategy", Julian Stafford Corbett.
- " I am far from saying the contrary," said Porthos. - "Louise de la Valliere", Alexandre Dumas, Pere.
- You may have passed away from earth, for aught I know to the contrary; though I hope and believe that you have not. - "The Lost Lady of Lone", E.D.E.N. Southworth.
Idioms for contrary:
Quotes for contrary:
Rhymes for contrary:
- glengarry, bury, kerry, unwary, sherrie, dairy, harry, sperry, eyrie, gerry, jerry, jeri, skerry, scary, carie, neri, metairie, cheri, cary, derry, wherry, terri, hairy, vary, cherry, jere, guarneri, gary, teri, parry, ranieri, kari, valeri, remarry, carrie, lary, kerrey, gerrie, sherri, querry, jerrie, jerri, carrey, karry, fairy, perry, larry, terry, mary, kary, terrie, very, sherry, prairie, wary, nary, tarry, marry, ferry, merrie, gerri, merry, stary, barre, gery, sheri, carey, clary, chery, kerri;
- berri, ary, berrie, airy, berry, arie;
- azeri, canary;